The government of Punjab has announced a scholarship programme for thousands of non-Muslim (Minority scholarship) students across the province. The goal of the programme is to help minority students with money.
Punjab Announces Thousands of Scholarships for Non-Muslim Students
According to the details, students in Ph.D. and M.Phil. programmes will get a grant of Rs. 50,000, while those in MS and MSc programmes will get a grant of Rs. 35,000.
The details also show that students currently enrolled in BS and BSc will get Rs. 30,000 as a stipend, while those doing intermediate and matriculation will get Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 15,000, respectively.
It’s important to know that non-Muslim students can get stipends if they passed their final exam with a score of 50% or more. But the total income of their whole family must be less than Rs. 35,000.
What is the share allocation of Educational Scholarships for the students of Minority Communities in the province?
- 50 % of the total funds may be allocated for the students of central Punjab i.e (Gujranwala, Lahore, Faisalabad, and Sahiwal divisions), which will be equally divided amongst the aforementioned 5 categories of students.
- 35% of the fund may be allocated for the students within a region of southern Punjab(Multan, Bahawalpur and Sargodha Division), which will be equally divided amongst the aforementioned 5 categories of students.
- 15% of the total fund may be allocated for the students of northern Punjab (Rawalpindi and Sargodha Divisions) which will be equally divided amongst the aforementioned 5 categories of students.
- In case the amount earmarked for a particular category within regions is not fully utilized then balance amount will be equally divided amongst other categories of the same region.
- In case of amount allocated for a region is not fully utilized dye to absence of sufficient eligible then the balance amount will be distributed to other regions in the assigned ratios and the indicated distribution mechanism.
|Professional education (MBBS, DVM, BDS, B.sc (Eng), B.Sc(Nursing), Pharm-D, DPT, Ph.D.etc)||PKR 50.000|
|Postgraduate Level (M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, MCS/MBA, M.Phil, LLM.etc)||PKR 35.000|
|B.A/.B.Sc./B.B.A/B.Com.(2&3 years degree & Honours i.e 4 years degrees ) LL.B. etc||PKR 30.000|
|F.A/F.Sc./I.Com/”A” LEVEL/DAE or Equilvalent.||PKR 20.000|
|Matric/’O’ LEVEL or Equivalent||PKR 15.000|
How to Apply?
Non-Muslim students in Punjab can send their applications to the Department of Human and Minorities Affairs by or before September 29, 2022. No application will be considered after the due date.
It’s important to know that the Sindh provincial government recently gave scholarships worth Rs. 28.125 million to 2,875 minority students across the province and proposed doubling the amount given for scholarships.