Strategic human resource management & HR Certification:
Proud, committed, connected, competent, informed, successful, qualified, opportunity, confident, distinguished, employable, proven, expert, credible, focused, dedicated, equipped, validated, versatile.
When asked by HRCI on their LinkedIn page, in one word, this is how HR professionals described what being certified means to them. There is highest scope of Strategic Human Resource Management certificate in Government jobs career in all sectors.
It’s evident that professionals who have earned the privilege of adding those extra letters onto the end of their signature line are extremely proud. In my experience, there is a lot of work involved in preparing to sit in for one of the HR exams under the supervision of Ministry of human resources Pakistan. It would be exceedingly difficult to pass one of the offered exams without a plan in place. This may include joining a study group, taking a prep course, reading through the body of knowledge, practice exams, flash cards, etc.
Tenured human resources professional:
For me, taking the prep course leading up to the exam was so helpful and eye opening. This allowed me to bounce ideas off of like-minded professionals. The instructor was a tenured HR professional with experience in a variety of industries, including the public as well as private sector.
As a group, we were able to discuss examples and stories we’ve all encounter which assist in being able to put things into perspective. Since the exams offered by both HRCI as well as Society for Human Resource Management are competency based (according to my assessment, even though SHRM claims otherwise about HRCI’s exam), having these real life examples was invaluable.
HRM Division envisions providing quality HR services to attract/hire, develop, and build a motivated and performing human capital for accomplishing the mission of the Commission. (Source: HEC HRM Page↵)
Benefits of Strategic Human Resource Management Certificate:
There are countless benefits that come along with acquiring your Strategic Human Resource Management certification.
- Expands your knowledge, skills & abilities since the content covers various topics that may stretch beyond your day to day to HR manager responsibility.
- This definitely sends a message to employers that you are passionate about your profession.
- By requiring re-certification every three years (or having to sit in on the exam again), this motivates us to maintain our continuing education credits as well as staying up-to-date and relevant in our industry.
- Makes it easier to sell yourself to a recruiter and can help to set you apart from the competition in the human resources jobs.
- A recent study led by an independent third-party research organization was able to quantify some of the advantages we often thought were true but could never officially substantiate (HR Certification Trends).
- Certified Strategic Human Resource Management professionals have a higher annual income, higher career satisfaction, great career potential and are more often employee over their non-certified peers.
- It was also uncovered during this research that certified professionals perform better, have greater expertise and are more strategic.
Scope of Career in Government Sectors:
These are pretty powerful statistics. However, I certainly believe that there are significant benefits to obtaining your credentials.
Based off of a lot of job advertisement in newspaper postings I’ve seen recently as well as other related articles, many employers are listing a certification as a requirement. Don’t let that hold you back from going after the job of your dreams. Now is the time to make that commitment if you are looking to earn those letters you deserve.
I encourage you to take a look at your calendar over the next six months. Take advantage of any reimbursements that your company may offer. Some companies even give you an additional salary increase for your expanded knowledge.
Read More: Interview Tips for a job