Eligible? (PMA eligibility criteria)
To be eligible for PMA and to join the Pakistan Army, you must meet the following requirements:
- Nationality: Pakistani citizens and residents of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit-Baltistan. Candidates with dual nationality will be required to give up their non-Pakistani citizenship after final selection.
- Male (gender)
- Marital Status: Single (Married serving personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age are eligible).
- Minimum Height: 5′- 4“(162.5 cm)
- Training Period at PMA: 2 Years
|1) Intermediate or Equivalent||17-22 Years||Relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limits|
|2) Graduates (2 years of graduation and Serving PN / PAF Personnel)||17-23 Years||Relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limits|
|3) Graduates with 4 years graduation program (BS / BA(Hon) / BBA / BPA)||17-24 Years||No age relaxation|
|4) Serving Army Soldiers||17-25 Years||No age relaxation|
- A minimum of 60% in FA/FSc or equivalent is required. Candidates who receive 60 percent or above in BA / BSc, BA / BSc (hons), BBA / BPA, and FA / FSc, as well as 50 percent in FA / FSc, are eligible for the PMA Long Course.
- Relaxation of Marks – FA / FSc: Candidates from selected locations with domicile will receive a 55 percent mark. Balolchistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashrnir, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in KPK, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sind, District Rajanpur, Cholistan Desert Area, Drawar Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh, and
- Soldiers in the Army. FA/FSc and similar with a minimum of 50%.
Documents Required at AS&RCs
- Original certificate I detailed Marks Sheet of Matric/FA/FSc Equivalent Computerized National ldentity Card for 18 years and older or Computerized Form “B” combined with Guardian’s Computerized National ldentity Card (Father or Mother) for children under the age of 18.
- One set of verified photocopies of the documents listed above.
- 3 x passport-size coloured pictures confirmed (front and back) by a Principal Class-1 Gazetted Officer
- For “Repeater Candidates,” an original and one photocopy of the ISSB’s “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter are also required.
Note: – Form “B” and old National Identity Cards will not be accepted.
PMA Lady Cadet's Course (LCC)
The first PMA Lady Cadet Course was established in 2006. The course is taught by master’s and bachelor’s degree-holding women who are experts in their disciplines. The lady cadets go through a six-month training programme and graduate as Captains in the Pakistan Army’s supporting arms.
PMA Test Syllabus & Subjects
- Verbal Intelligence Test (85 – 100 Questions)
- Non-Verbal Intelligence Test (85 – 100 Questions)
Academic Test (40 Questions)
Academic Test comprises of the following topics:
- Pakistan Studies
- General Knowledge
Stages of PMA Selection Process:
In most cases, the PMA Preliminary Interview will be based on:
Common PMA first test interview subjects for final selection to join the Pakistan Army
- Academic Subjects
- Appearance and Self Confidence
- Current Affairs
- General Affairs
- General Behavior
- General Knowledge
- Other Related Matters
- Pakistan Affairs
- Personality Traits
PMA initial test |Preliminary Physical Test
PMA Physical Test contains following exercises:
- Push ups ( 15 repetitions in 2 minutes).
- Chin ups (3 repetitions in 2 minutes)
- Sit ups ( 15 repetitions in 2 minutes)
- Ditch Crossing ( 4 feet deep & 7 feet wide)
- Running (1.6 km Run in 8½ minutes)
The PMA Long Course 150 is a two-year programme. The course is further broken into four six-month sessions. Cadets graduate as 2nd Lieutenants after completing their 2-year training programme.
On www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk, a candidate can register online. Candidates can also register by going to an AS&RC (Army Selection and Recruitment Center) near them, which are located in every major city in Pakistan.
Long-course PMA graduates are admitted into the Pakistani army as 17-graded officers with the rank of 2nd lieutenant. These classes are offered twice a year. One course is offered in the winter and the other in the summer.