Atomic Energy Commission has posted 7 jobs
Rate This Company ( 5 average based on 2 Reviews )
You must be logged in to post a review.
The Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) employs a wide range of scientists, engineers, and support staff in various fields related to atomic energy.
PAEC jobs opportunities in the following Fields:
- Nuclear Engineering: Positions for nuclear engineers include those in reactor physics, thermal-hydraulics, materials science, and radiation protection.
- Nuclear Medicine: Positions in this field include those in medical physics, radiation protection, and nuclear medicine technology.
- Nuclear Safety and Security: Positions in this field include those in radiation safety, nuclear safety, and physical security.
- Nuclear Chemistry and Radiochemistry: Positions in this field include those in chemical engineering, radiochemistry, and nuclear fuel technology.
- Nuclear Physics: Positions in this field include those in experimental and theoretical nuclear physics, as well as those in radiation detection and measurement.
- Nuclear Agriculture: PAEC also offers job opportunities in nuclear agriculture and related fields, such as plant breeding, plant physiology, and soil science.
- Support Staff: PAEC also hires support staff in areas such as administration, finance, procurement, and human resources.
NOTE: To apply for a job at PAEC, you will typically need to submit an online application and provide information such as your qualifications, experience, and contact details. You may also be required to submit a resume and other relevant documents.
It’s worth noting that the nature of the work performed by PAEC is sensitive, thus the selection process could be very competitive and require a strict security clearance.
About The Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC)
The Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) is a government agency in Pakistan responsible for the development and control of atomic energy in the country. The PAEC was established in 1956 and operates under the supervision of the Ministry of Energy.
The PAEC has a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Operating and managing Pakistan’s nuclear research and development programs.
- Building and operating nuclear power plants for the production of electricity.
- Developing and producing nuclear weapons for Pakistan’s military.
- Regulating the use of nuclear materials and facilities in the private and public sectors to ensure safety and security.
- Providing technical and financial assistance to private industry for the development and use of atomic energy.
- Conducting research and development in areas related to atomic energy, including health and environmental effects.
PAEC plays a very important role in Pakistan’s atomic energy program, having developed the country’s first nuclear power plant, the Karachi Nuclear Power Plant (KANUPP) which is still in operation, as well as several research reactors. Moreover, the PAEC also played a major role in the development of Pakistan’s nuclear weapon program, which has been a matter of concern for the international community, due to the ongoing tensions in the region.
It is headed by a Chairman appointed by the Government of Pakistan and employs several thousand scientists, engineers, and support staff.